My tenant is threatening to sue for the full refund of her…

Customer Question
My tenant is threatening...

My tenant is threatening to sue for the full refund of her deposit. She sent me a demand letter via email. This was in response to my reconsideration after receiving an initial letter from her via email claiming there was no damage and it was just wear and tear after living there 4 years. I reviewed my photos and found that I did not have documents for damages in 2 rooms so I refunded an additional amount and included a very detailed letter in response to her initial request.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Oops. Chicago, IL. Purchase?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In court? No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I sent a detailed list of costs with the initial refund.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/22/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 10 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I have read your comments, but I am not sure what your legal question is?

.

.

thanks