A person owes me moneyand wont pay we have a verbal

Customer Question
A person owes me...

A person owes me moneyand wont pay we have a verbal contract. can i sue her for my money?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nevada. city of henderson

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No not yet. not sure where to start

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Like wgat?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/22/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I need to ask a few questions...

.

How long has the person owed you money?

.

When were they supposed to repay you?

.

When was the last time they made a payment?

.

How much do they owe you?

.

Do you have documentation for the loan?

.

.

thanks

owed since july this year, they were to repay on a monthly basis, last payment was june, 2017, startedat 1250.00 she made 2 payments of 125.00 so 1000.00, i have the terms on my phone but no nothing inwriting just a verbal agreement. the money was to help her bail her man outta jail.
i just want to know if i have a case and a legitamate chance of winning

Ok, as long as you have the agreement on your phone and proof that you made the loan, you can sue the person in small claims court under a breach of verbal contract action.

.

You don't need an attorney and the clerks will have the summons and complaint forms that you need to file to get the case started...

.

.

thanks

thanks

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the caption and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney