How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roy Hadavi Your Own Question
Roy Hadavi
Roy Hadavi,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 775
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Rosenstein & Associates
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roy Hadavi is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On my K-1 statement for 2016 my business partner entered my

This answer was rated:

On my K-1 statement for 2016 my business partner entered my 50% share as 0. He moved his share to 100%. What he did was steal my half of the business. What are my options and can I have him arrested for theft.

Hi Richard. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I would be happy to provide assistance. Please give me a moment to formulate a response. Also, please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

You may file a police report for theft of assets. In addition, you may file a civil claim against your business partner for breach of fiduciary duty, conversion and the value of your share of the business.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow-up or clarification questions, please ask! There is no additional fee. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service (hopefully Excellent/5 stars!) at the top of the screen. Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating! A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today.

Roy Hadavi and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: Or, simply request “Roy only” in the first line of your question.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Roy Only.. Hi I have a few more questions. This has to be Massachusetts or Federal law only .The judgement against me from this perjury ridden trial is $1.1 million. 60% is legal fees and interest since 2011. This case is still active today. My question is will filing bankruptcy eliminate any part of the damages? I also 1/6th of my mothers home and they have a lien on it and are threatening a sheriff sale. My mom has a Life Estate Trust to live in the home . Will filing bankruptcy protect my interest and stop the sale. We are filing a injunction on Monday to stop the sale of the home and the business. The reason is after reviewing some company records I noticed my partner not only stole my 50% of stock but has been using company funds to pay for some of his own bills and there is cash missing. Thank you. Richard

Hi Richard. Thank you for requesting me. I can't answer the question in this original chat. The JustAnswer Terms of Service prohibit me from answering the question here. You will need to post this as a new question. You can post it directly to me by clicking here.