Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Is is possible for a small claims judge to also issue a

Is is possible for...

Is is possible for a small claims judge to also issue a cease and desist order? or are they separate jurisdiction? San Bernadino county, California

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, can you also bring fraud claims into small claims court in California

9/21/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a CA licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is yes. In CA, small claims judges usually just enter orders in favor of one or the other party and don’t enter anything else; however, if part of your request for relief is a cease and desist, or what the court would call an injunction, so long as the judge has legal authority to issue one in your specific case, then they may do so. In addition, you can also bring fraud claims into small claims in CA, so long as the amount does not exceed $10,000. If it exceeds $10,000, then you’ll have to go through the typical civil court process.

.Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individuall

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Thank you!

The pleasure is all mine! Further up on the you should see a chance to give me a rating. 5-stars are always appreciated, but it is definitely not required! You can also click here in the future to request me individually. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer