My daughter has a vehicle that she bought in utah..she can…

Customer Question
My daughter has a...

My daughter has a vehicle that she bought in utah..she can no longer afford to pay for it..she contacted the finance company and they refuse to come and repo it...we need to get rid of it..it no longer runs and will cost about $4000 to fix (prius)..she still owes about $300 on it...it is olny worth about $1200.....we now live in ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

2001 toyota prius

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That pretty much covers it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/21/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 11 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Your options are to negotiate with the finance company, have a lawyer do so, repair it and try to sell it or then negotiate with the finance company. You may also consider bankruptcy