I'm a married mother with one 4 yr old daughter. I've been…

Customer Question
I'm a married mother...

I'm a married mother with one 4 yr old daughter. I've been dealing with medical issues, and have been out of work since April. My disability basically covers my family's insurance, and my husband makes less than $20,000/yr. My medical issues have been mounting since returning to work less than two years ago. My father died due to his agent orange exposure from the Vietnam War, and many of my medical issues seem to be linked to second generation A/O issues. I'm looking for assistance for my family. Any housing or other help would be greatly appreciated. I don't know where to begin looking for aid.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have been on medial leave, and have recieved short term disability which basically has been paying my family's insurance since my leave began. We are starting to drown with debt as far as rent,car payment and car insurance, and utilities. I've had to pull my daughter out of preschool as well. We really need affordable housing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you for your help.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/21/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I’m sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like things have not been going very well at all. There are a few places where you could find some assistance. Particularly, you may want to look at the Economic Development Department for the state of California if you haven’t already. EDD can help you not only with payments for any disabilities that you have (short term and long term), but they may also help you with getting onto SNAP, which is basically money for food. In addition, if you click here, you can find out some links to some affordable housing that is sponsored by the Housing and Urban Development Department with the U.S. Government. Although I don’t know what county in which you live, you can also check to see if your local county has some resources available to help with housing as well. For instance, San Bernardino County gives rental breaks to some people if they are making below a certain amount.

.Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.