I have been served with a Summons: Personal Service on an…

Customer Question
I have been served...

I have been served with a Summons: Personal Service on an Individual regarding establishing a Parenting Plan and Name Change for my daughter. I must respond immediately. I agree with all but one aspect of the Parenting Plan (I would prefer a shared winter break rather than a full winter break every other year). I do NOT want the child's name to be changed. I need to know what is the appropriate paperwork to respond (the information online is confusing, at best). I also need to know if there is a cost associated with filing a response. I currently have no income and am living with my parents who have limited income.

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Florida. Hillsborough County, Circuit Court of the 13th Judicial Circuit.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have received multiple text message threats stating that my daughter would be taken from me. I have had full custody for her entire life. She had begun visiting her father every other weekend, however, he has not paid court ordered child support. He is in arrears in excess of 10,000.00

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/21/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I’m sorry to hear about your situation. Generally, what you are needing to do is provide an answer to your summons. What you can do is pull up some 28 line pleading paper (usually a template in Microsoft Word) and then type out what your response to this particular petition is. You can and should state why you disagree with that specific portion of the parenting plan and you should also state that you object to the parenting plan. You should separate them by headings so the judge can tell more easily what he or she is looking at. Based on what I can see, there appears to be no fee for the response, but if you click here, you can determine the schedule of fees based on the court and the kind of paper you’re filing.

.Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.