I am a 78 yr senior citizen living on SS with a little

Customer Question
I am a 78...

I am a 78 yr senior citizen living on SS with a little suppliment from Birch Gold and silver. In two years my portfolio has dwindled down $100,00.00 by shady practices of Birch Gold. I cannot afford to pay for a lawyer. Is there any organization that protects senior citizens against unethical practices.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Texas and noone is helping at this time. I am confused on where to turn.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes they know I am disatisfied with their handling of the account but I have no recourse to do anything about it and I think there is a one yr limit to make a complaint.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No and Thanks

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/21/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

One of the hardest things to do sometimes is find a lawyer that you can trust. Google searches are a good place to start, but usually the lawyers who pay the most can get bumped up to be on the first page regardless of their quality. One thing I recommend is going through your state’s lawyer referral service (LRS). The LRS in each state typically requires the attorney to have several years of practice, be free of discipline, and have adequate staffing to assist people. Here is the link for the Texas LRS - click here. You could also find some pro bono attorneys in your area if you click here. Pro bono attorneys often work with seniors, people on limited incomes, people from other countries, women, and other vulnerable individuals who need the help of an attorney.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.