I ordered a remodel with Mr. Cabinet Care for $32,000. On…

Customer Question
I ordered a remodel...

I ordered a remodel with Mr. Cabinet Care for $32,000. On the original contract, the color Satin White was indicated. When they came to measure and go over details, I told them I wanted to change the color to bisque. He wnt over a lot details and my head was spinning. He did not change the color and I did not notice it on the paperwork. I signed the paperwork even though he gave me a cabinet door with the bisque color and I showed him that when I told him about the change. He denies that. The company wants to charge me an additional $6800 to order the right color cabinets because they delivered the Satin White. They will not accept any responsibility or compromise. Other mistakes and omissions happened. They have me over a barrel. What can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No...it just happened and my kitchen and bathrooms are already torn apart

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I've been trying to negotiate but they are holding firm and saying its completely my responsibility

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/21/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

You may want to consider hiring a local lawyer to send them a letter to see if they get a response. However, the only way to force them to do anything is to sue them.

Unfortunately, you are going to have a problem with the judge interpreting the contract. If there is not a term in the contract that is ambiguous "on its face" then the court cannot accept any outside evidence to prove the intent of the contract. That would mean if the contract says you ordered white cabinets then the court won't let you testify that you later changed the request to another color unless it was done as a new contract or an addendum to that contract.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney