Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have a legal question pertaining to Informed Consent and

the Boston Heart Diagnostic test. JA...
I have a legal question pertaining to Informed Consent and the Boston Heart Diagnostic test.
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: NY
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not on my behalf
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was at my PMD office yesterday for a routine medical check up and after having my blood drawn by the medical assistant I reminded her to plese make sure they processed my blood work through Quest Lab which is the only lab company that my health insurance company will cover all the charges. However I was told that my doctor has choose to use a specific lab company moving forward and that I should not worry about any charges since if my insurance declined paying for it that the lab would absorb the cost. That's when I asked for the name of this lab company and then went on my way. Upon getting home and researching this company apparently what they do is use your genetic material obtained from your blood speciment to detect what kinds of medical issues and or treatments etc you are receptive or not to. I feel that I shouldve been properly informed by my doctor in regards ***** ***** been asked for an informed consent. This was yesterday and now I'm desperately wanting to know if and how can i intercept them even processing my bloodwork?
9/21/2017
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. You should have been informed of any ancillary use of your bloods that wasn't directed to your treatment plan.

The State Health Care Bureau can investigate your complaint:

https://ag.ny.gov/bureau/health-care-bureau

Filing a civil suit requires a link between a breach of legal principles on consequential damamges where there is no statutory damages statute in place.

Your damages are really privacy issues that can be addressed by filing a HIPPA complaint.

You may be awarded privacy damages and the hospital fined.

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/filing-a-complaint/index.html

Depending on the result of this action you may be able to follow up in civil court.

We are here to help.

Please follow up with me as required.

I'm not an employee of justanswer but rely on your positive feedback to get a credit.

You do this by rating 5***** , 4**** or better.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer