Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

If I own a piece of property and the next door neighbor

didn't abide by the private...
if I own a piece of property and the next door neighbor didn't abide by the private easement for water drainage, what are my rights? can i put a culvert in under the wall we share
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nevada clark country city Henderson
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: no. not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the neighbor didn't comply with the private easement and it shows on the plot plans there is an easement. so can i just put in my culvert and comply and drain it into his yard?
9/21/2017
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for posting your real property law question today . If you have an express easement by deed and property right you can sue your neighbor in the district court for damages and the restoration of your easement. This would be a civil complaint under real property laws.

While you are entitled to take corrective action yourself, you might also outline your claim in writing to your neighbor in writing; this provides a solid basis before filing a lawsuit and give the neighbor a chance to cure his breach.

Besides express recorded land property rights, you may also have an easement by prescription if the water has flowed consistently for a number of years, greater than five.

We are here to help, so please follow up if you require anything else.

Just a reminder that I'm an independent expert and only receive a credit after you rate positively.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if the block wall is shared 50/50 what are my rights to alter the wall with bars to make way for the culvert?

This is really a new question to your original question.

Shared walls shouldn't be altered without court approval or mutual consent of both owners or as mandated by local council laws.

In relation to your last question.

Remember to rate positively today.

SO I hope you rate FIVE STARS today.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer