I am a member and have a family law questioon, oregon,

Customer Question
I am a member...

I am a member and have a family law questioon

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes.....before we start I am a member I will not be charged for this correct?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/21/2017
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Michael Bradley
You would need to contact customer service. I do believe there is a fee even for members.
ok...question what are the legal rights of a step mother in OR? I have sole legal and physical custody of my son.
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, I see you asked for a new contributor. The previous contributor was mistaken about their being any additional fees for subscription members. If you are a subscription customer, all of your new questions are included in your one monthly subscription price.

As a step parent, there are no legal rights given to the step parent OTHER THAN what the biological parent gives to them. What I mean is if the father allows the step mother to go pick the child up at school or signs to allow the step mother to obtain information from school or take the children to the doctor, that is the right of the father to do while the child is in his care.

So, any rights given to the step mother would have to be granted by you or the other parent when they have the child on visitation.

Other than those rights the step parent has no legal rights at all in Oregon.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Bill Attorney

I see you have requested an additional response.

What exactly is your question in relation to the stepmother, has any petition been filed with the family court ?

The stepmother can only obtain custodial rights by court order where the natural parents' rights are terminated by a court.

Please follow up with me if you need anything else.

Remember to rate positively today.

I am an Independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or accept.

So please take the time to rate FIVE STARS today.

Best

Attorney Bill