I have 16 months old baby. After I have her, my company

Customer Question
I have 16 months...

I have 16 months old baby. After I have her, my company allowed me to work at home 3 days a week. I work at the office 2 days a week. So I and my husband are taking care of our daughter at home now. My company and I have a paper contract for the circumstance every 3 months. I requested my company for extended the work environment a month before, which was 8/15. However my new boss didn't reply anything until 9/14, the day before the contract end. Now my boss told me that he wants me to come to the office 5 days a week, but now I have to find a daycare to take care of my child. My question is

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm in California

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Full time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Oh, my boss just give me the information without paper contract. Also gives me 2 weeks of grace period. My questions are 1. is that work environment can change without paper contract? 2. If I quit my job, can I get unemployment insurance? 3. if I can, is that any paper I need to request for approve the UI?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/21/2017
Lawyer: Bruce Schreiber, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Bruce Schreiber

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

It sounds like you were working five days at the office before the baby. Is that right?

Therefore, your employer made an accommodation for you after the baby was born, but is not obligated to continue that indefinitely.

If you quit, you generally cannot collect UI.