I am currently living in California. I am the POA for my…

Customer Question
I am currently living...

I am currently living in California. I am the POA for my Father in Florida who is incapacitated. I need to have an affidavit for a Durable Power of Attorney dated 2 September 2015. I also need assistance with evicting his friend from his resident as reuested by him.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

Miami Dade, Florida. Nothing has been filed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not at this time.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I will be flying to Florida Monday to assist my Father in personal affairs and would be willing to meet any referrals.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/21/2017
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

NOTICE: If you are presented with an offer for a phone consultation, which may appear to have been sent by me, please know that this is an automated website offer, and that I do not participate in this Justanswer program. If you would like to correspond with me directly, whether by phone, email or otherwise, then do not accept the phone call offer, because your request will be accepted by a random contributor, who may or may not be licensed to practice law in California – and, I will be unable to provide further assistance. Instead, simply type to me that you would like my direct contact info, and I will send you a specific offer for that purpose.

I am a member of the State Bar of California, the Bar of the U.S. District and Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California (San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside Counties), the Bar of the U.S. Tax Court, the California and National Associations of Realtors, and I have comprehensive information about all areas of California law.

I'm not sure what you mean by needing an "affidavit for a Durable Power of Attorney." Can you please explain what you intend to do with this affidavit?

Thanks for using Justanswer!

Thanks. I was told that I needed to speak with a FL Attorney by a CA Attorney in regards ***** ***** my DPOA. Because it was not processed by an Attorney. He recommended an Affidavit. Are you stating that there is no such thing?
will you be able to assist me with Florida Law?

Sorry, I don't do phone consults in this forum. If someone else accepts the request, I hope they can provide competent service.

Re an affidavit for a DPOA, there is no such thing. Re helping with Florida law, I can, but I can't represent you in court, for obvious reasons.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish, yet (other than an eviction).

Tina, Lawyer