Can security cameras negate old rules, and regulations for…

Can security cameras negate...

Can security cameras negate old rules, and regulations for issuing violations seen on camera in condos?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes We have a rule that people must not be barefoot, and must be wearing a shirt of some kind in the common areas. One of the residents was caught on camera twice without a shirt on, and was fined the second time. The first violation letter was just a warning.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The old rules say that a letter signed from a witness must be given to the board before a violation( a FINE) is issued. We now have security cameras in the hallway, and the mother of said individual is making a fuss over this.

9/21/2017
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

Were the rules ever amended by the HOA to remove the requirement of a signed letter from a witness?

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney
Not yet unfortunately.
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started

Ok, then I hate to say it, but the mother has a legally valid point. That doesn't mean that you can't have someone view the video and then sign a statement saying that they viewed the video and are filing a complaint.

.

But for right now, I would opine that the Board can't impose the fine because they didn't follow their own established rules..

.

.

thanks