Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My dad had a stroke and was admitted into hospital on a

friday morn at 6am and...
My dad had a stroke and was admitted into hospital on a friday morn at 6am and did not receive any testing nor did he see a doctor until 10am sat morn.I feel that if my dad had not "slipped through the cracks"(EXACT WORDS FROM DOCTOR) that his case would not be so bad also i have notes on how horrible we were treated,am i just an upset daughter or was my dad neglected by this hospital?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Alabama
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No all i have are my notes..although we did complain to staff at hospital that lead to no good
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not off hand
9/21/2017
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

This sounds like a great medical mapractice suit.A medical malpractice lawyer will take this contingent fee which means you don't pay unless there is a recovery.I would urge you to file such a suit and seek some justice here.I am so sorry for your loss.

Malpractice lawyers by city

https://www.justia.com/lawyers/medical-malpractice/alabama

I hope you will sue for this it is shameful they failed to treat him.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

In Alabama, all types of health care providers can be held liable for medical negligence. Health care providers include, but are not limited to, doctors, nurses, counselors, psychologists, hospitals, and any other medical group or organization. If you believe that you have been the victim of medical negligence, an Alabama attorney can assist you in determining if the negligent person or entity is considered a health care provider and thus subject to a suit for medical negligence.

Alabama Medical Malpractice Statute of Limitations

If you believe that you have been injured as a result of medical negligence, you should contact an Alabama attorney right away. Claims for medical malpractice must be filed within a certain period of time after the date of the injury, a time period known as the statute of limitations. Failure to file a medical malpractice action within the statute of limitations will result in your claim being barred. The statutes of limitations for filing a medical malpractice claim in Alabama are as follows:

1. If the action is on behalf of a minor over four years of age, a claim must be filed within four years of the injury;
  2. If the action is on behalf of a minor under four years of age, the claim must be filed before the minor’s eighth birthday;
  3. If the action is being filed by, or on behalf of, an adult, the claim must be filed within two years of the injury; or
  4. If the injury was not immediately discovered, the claim must be filed within six months of the date the injury should have been, or was, discovered.

Caps on Medical Malpractice Claims in Alabama

Recoverable damages are not limited to any maximum caps in Alabama courts. An Alabama attorney will help you determine the value of your case.

Thanks again.

Im so sorry misunderstanding but he did not pass away,He aspirated and ended up in icu and cant walk,he aspirated because we were not informed he had Pomona and swallowing issue
I just feel he was neglected

This is still medical malpractice here.He was harmed even if alive.This was not properly diagnosed or treated it appears as you state.I hope you will pursue this , the lawyers work contingent fee no charge unless they get a recovery.This could be a large judgment or settlement for him , help him with medical and future care.

Thanks again and thanks for rating 5 stars.

I will...Thank you for your time

You are so welcome.Prayers to you and father.

Stars are at top of page, take care now.

Ray, Lawyer
Ray, Lawyer