Girlfriend refusing to move out. Was listed as an occupant…

Customer Question
Girlfriend refusing to move...

Girlfriend refusing to move out. Was listed as an occupant on my lease and has since been removed. She pays on nothing related to this apartment (rent, bills, etc...). Only tie to this address is mail. What are my options?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No...it is a break up of an 8 month relationship. Closest thing to 'filing' would be me sending written notice to complex to remove her as an occupant.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I am aware of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/21/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 11 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Could you explain a little more?

Does she have another place where she calls residence?

Thank you for your cooperation.

She does not. Other than her parents home.
They live in an entirely different city.

Thank you for the information.

You should give her a written notice to move out. Then if she refuses to move out, you can lock her out. She is not entitled to eviction process because she is not a Tenant/subTenant. See Texas Property Code Title 8 Chapter 92 Section 92.001 and Title 4 Chapter 24 Section 24.005.

Best wishes,