I got an arrest warrant for public intoxication from city of…

Customer Question
Hi I got an...

Hi I got an arrest warrant for public intoxication from city of dallas. But I live in Katy and was not in Dallas on that day. What should I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?

Texas and warrant was issue on 09/08/2017 for the event happened on 08/02/2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Nope. I just got the mail

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was not in Dallas on 08/02/2017. Moreover, I got another bill for some ambulance service as well

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/21/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

It sounds like someone may have used your ID when they got charged and claimed to be you if you were not even in that city on that date..

.

With that said, you still have to clear this up because if you get stopped with a warrant out, the police don't inquire into it, they just arrest you..

.

I would first call the court clerks and see if there is any way they could recall the warrant on their own and convert it to a summons once you explain the situation.

.

If not, then you need to contact a local criminal defense attorney in Dallas and see if they can contact the judge and get the warrant recalled and converted into a summons so you can appear and address this and not be arrested..

.

Or if you can't afford an attorney, you can call and find out what judge issued the warrant and when his next time on the bench is for arraignments is and then turn yourself in the night before so you just sleep in jail that night and go to court the very next morning.. That stinks, but it is the only other option to get this cleared up if you can't hire an attorney and the clerks won't convert it to a summons.

.

.

thanks

Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney