I have been served Divorce Papers and I need a sworn

I have been served...

I have been served Divorce Papers and I need a sworn inventory appraisement detail in the Texas Family Law Practice Manual (3d ed.) form 7-1. Where do I get one at?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I called Legal Aid, they turned down my request for representation. Is there a place where I can purchase this form as a download?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't want this divorce. I didn't file a counter petition.

9/21/2017
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

Please allow me several minutes to type my response.

Texting is preferred, thank you.
I filed a basic respondent original answer today. I just to know where to find the form on the internet

That particular book is one you have to buy and is produced by either West or Lexis. However, their books are usually fairy expensive. You can try your courthouse legal library and see if they have a copy. If not the second place I would suggest looking is at a website called TexasLawHelp.org. I am not sure if they have that specific form since they are constantly adding and removing documents and forms from the site.

On the website what you have to do is go to the LEGAL INFORMATION AND FORMS section which you can find on the top menu and then you have to go through and look at each section. They had one on there before but I'm not sure where they moved it to.
You would look for "inventory" or "inventory and appraisement" the rest of the information you provided is just the name of the book.

A third place you can look is to go to the clerk of court for the family court where the case is filed and ask the clerk to see if the can look on their computer and determine which cases have had an inventory filed by an attorney. You can then get a copy of that one, there is a slight charge per page and use it as a guideline.

Let me make one suggestion to you, if you have children involved in the divorce, real estate or retirement accounts the you should seriously consider getting an attorney. Each of those have issues which can create huge problems if the final orders are not done absolutely correct. In many cases fixing these problems later can cost considerably more than having an attorney do it correctly now. Of course, the final decision is up to you but I've probably answered a dozen questions this week where they were having problems and it was caused by the not having an attorney to draft the final order correctly.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Your question as to "where can I find that form on the internet" is "you can't unless you pay the publisher since it is copyrighted". The answers I gave you were the best solutions.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
One more question, My husband filed on me before, I completed the form then...Do you think I could use the previous copy?
true, there is a retirement issue at hand, otherwise very little of the assets and real estate has changed. The problem is that I'm still paying off the previous attorney and can't afford his services again.
Hello Dwayne?

You can use the same form you'll have to get a copy and fill it out again. Usually the judge requires it to be notarized. So the notary date will need to be after this divorce is filed. The judges typically are not picky about the actual form so long as it contains the correct information.

Thank you very much for allowing me to assist you. While the answers I give can't always be "good news", since the law can't always be favorable to everyone, I do strive to be as accurate as possible and to answer any follow up questions to the best of my ability.

You may receive a survey of some kind in the next day or so regarding your experience here at JustAnswer. Please be advised that I am responsible for the content of my answers but not with the issues of website performance or anything other than the answer. I hope that you will consider issuing a Positive Rating regarding my service to you so that I can continue helping others.

If I can ever provide assistance to you in the future please feel free to ask for me by starting your new question with "FOR DWAYNE B ONLY" and I will pick up as soon as I see the question.