Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I got a ticket for expired registration in Arizona too. The

I got a ticket for expired registration in Arizona too. The reminder was emailed to me. At that time I wasn't looking checking emails often, because I had ben released from the hospital after suffering from a stroke.Is there any possibility that the judge could dismiss the charge. The registration has since been paid.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Yes it is Maricopa county Arizona.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I am not sure.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response.

If you receive a notice or email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the notice or email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

There is a chance but it is not a terribly good one since Maricopa county courts are not known for being particularly compassionate. However, if you explain the circumstances the judge may be willing to dismiss it or lower the fin substantially.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much for your help! At the same time I was cited for not having proof of insurance. I do have insurance and can prove I had insurance at the time. Could that one be dismissed if I bring proof? And, how serious are these offences o your record?

They are not very serious. They are probably some of the least serious class. If you had insurance at the time but just didn't have proof, if you can bring in proof now that you were insured at the time of the stop the judge will usually consider dismissing that one. Also, you may want to consider just asking for one of them to be dismissed and a reduced fine on the second. That is more likely to get results than to ask for both to get dismissed. You may want to get to court about 30 minutes early and try to talk to the prosecutor and you may be able to reach an agreement with them which the court will then approve.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. This was very helpful.