Can I rescind my signature on a contract with my landlord…

Can I rescind my signature...
Can I rescind my signature on a contract with my landlord that states that I will pay pet damage charges?
I signed because my roommates wanted me to in order to make the issue go away quickly, but now I believe I have a case against the landlord that I would like to take to small claims court. Am I unable to go to court because of this new contract?
9/21/2017
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Good evening. Can you share with me a little more about the situation?
I moved out of an apartment complex July 21st, 2017. Today my roommate received a call from the complex saying that we owe 1500 dollars by the end of today for pet damage to the carpet. We have never had a pet. We never got any kind of invoice or notification of any charges, or that they were keeping our deposits. Upon visiting the complex, the manager said that we were being charged because when the manager lifted up the carpets, there were urine stains and pet hair all on the bottom. Note: There was absolutely no damage topside. The manager also said that they sent the invoice on Aug 21st. So, my roommates and I went in after work and although I had every intention to fight and not pay for any damage that we didn't do, they didn't want to deal with the headache and so coerced me into signing a contract that states that we will pay for the damages. I now think that I have a strong case to go to small claims court and want to rescind my signature.
The manager even implied that because they forgot to check the carpets after the previous tenants that it was us that were going to have to pay for it since the other tenants are long gone.
basically I want to know if this contract is completely binding, or if I can "cancel" it, or if I can still go to court even though I've signed it.
Thank you and please allow me a moment
The is a presumption that when you signed it that you read it and agreed to the language stated within. As such, that you agreed to pay for the damages and cost of repair. Now, if you wanted to get out of this and hold the agreement void, you would need to show that this was not voluntarily signed and/or you weee coerced into signing this. You would need to convince the court of this and if it could be done you could get it of the obligation to pay. However, if that happened you would still need to defend the lawsuit if they sue.
Would peer pressure be enough of an excuse to say that I was coerced?
I am sorry but it would not. I understand you didn't want to deal with it at the time but it should not have been signed then. If anything you would have to go after your roommate if they forced you to pay for this.
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Okay thank you