I paid a website building company to build a website for our…

I paid a website...

I paid a website building company to build a website for our business and 3 months on, they have not delivered

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?

GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

I have sent them a formal letter today requesting a refund and it expires tomorrow 12 noon US EST

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Can I use an attorney to send them a consumer complaint?

9/21/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Thank you for your patience. I’m sorry to hear about your situation. There’s a good chance that they may not respond to your initial letter, so it is good to understand (and help them understand) what your legal basis for a complaint would be. This appears to be a breach of contract based on the failure to perform within a reasonable time. Courts regularly look toward the Uniform Commercial Code as their guide, since many states have adopted this code into their own statutes. Under UCC Section 2-309(1), the law says that each party has a reasonable time to perform if it is not expressly stated in the contract. What is considered “reasonable” is a matter of fact and depends on the circumstances, but it is an argument that you would have to make that it is unreasonable. Regardless, there is a legal basis for your particular claim. To facilitate your situation, there’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract (click here). It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, you may have to go after them in their neck of the woods with a small claims lawsuit.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer