My husband signed a contract (approx 3yrs ago) with a guy to…

Customer Question
My husband signed a...

My husband signed a contract (approx 3yrs ago) with a guy to manage the

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Tennessee The contract was also for the guy to buy the business. My husband suffers from diminished mental capacity. He has no idea what he has signed . We have requested a copy of the contract/ agreement but cannot get one. Today we were told the agreement is property of the business and we cannot have it. The company still bears my husbands

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No Plans are being made to change the company name 1/2017 from my

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Husbands name to this guys company name No thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/20/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this; so your husband is the owner, and the person that signed the contract is the manager?

My husband was the owner prior to signing the contract. He does not know what he signed and he ha not received any payments. All company vans and equipment are in the guy s company name
My question is basically does my husband have a legal right to a copy of the contract or agreement he signed

There is no requirement for one party to provide another with a copy of a signed agreement although it is customary to do so at the time of the signing. Every contract has an implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing so one can allege that includes the responsibility to provide a copy at the signing or upon request, but there is no legal statute to that effect.

Contracts signed when a party is incapacitated may be challenged based on lack of requisite mental capacity. The discovery process during litigation allows the party to request documents (request for production; subpoena duces tecum) relevant to the case at hand.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer