I co signed for a refrig for a friend and she has went into…

Customer Question
I co signed for...

I co signed for a refrig for a friend and she has went into default can I repo the refrig AAand sue for payment

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pa

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just the loan is in default and she wil not respond

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/20/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Sorry...what do you mean by repo? You plan to go to their home and take it?

I want to know if I can repo refrig and sue for non payment

Can you tell me what you mean by repo?

reposse

Sorry for the delay...the system is not working well today...I have some thoughts and will type them up...a few mins please

Thanks for your patience.

What you are describing, if you are the owner of the fridge (you bought it)? Then you can repossess it.

But if you were not the owner? Just the guarantor (the cosigner)? That is not the same as an owner...you would NOT be able to go a take the fridge back. You would have to sue the individual for the money they owe you (the money you had to pay because you cosigned the loan).

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Thanks for your patience.