My adult daughter and her 8 year old son has been staying…

Customer Question
My adult daughter and...

My adult daughter and her 8 year old son has been staying with us for a few months now. She doesn't have a job right now and Monday 2 county deputies showed up at my house an arrested her for 2 traffic violations. Her bond is a $1000 cash. We didn't have

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

A $1000 so she goes to court in the morning. She was told that there was also a hold for another county for FTA on a felony charge.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Now my question is, that she had been driving my car and after she was picked up on Monday I went to get her purse out of my car and a glass pipe fell out of a shirt she had in her purse. She had promised me that she wasn't using drugs but my husband and I had thought that she wasn't being truthful. Now my husband does not want her back in our home. What can we do legally and how can she be sent to a rehab?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She has a court appointed lawyer for the felony thief. Which her ex boyfriend had her picked up because she was driving his truck and he said she stole it. I have tried to get in contact with the lawyer but he has not returned my calls yet. We are in Etowah county alabama. The felony charge is in Calhoun county Alabama

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/20/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

Ok
Thanks

The felony theft offense is going to control what will happen with your daughter. If what she's accused of is a drug-related offense, it's possible that the prosecutor would be amenable to a plea offer involving probation and drug counseling/treatment as part of the conditions of her sentence. But your daughter would have to be interested in such a disposition. Even if it's what she needs the most, even if it's what her lawyer agrees would be best for her, it's strictly her decision.

What can we do legally about her not coming back here to our home?
And what do I need to do about the "pipe" that I found?
The felony charge was not drug related. They didn't find any drugs when they searched the vehicle.
R u still there?
Are you there?
The last 2 questions is what I really need answered

I am very sorry for the delay. The site experienced technical problems and I was sitting here but unable to respond. I'm not sure it's stable yet. I'm going to be working on an answer to your last two questions and hopefully, I will be able to upload it.

Your daughter is an adult. You can tell her that you do not wish her to return to the home. If she is placed on probation you can tell her probation officer that you won't allow her to live with you.

This depends on what you want to do about it. You can report this to the police or to the prosecutor in charge of her case, if you want to get her charged with another crime. If you feel that's not necessary, you can destroy the pipe and throw it out.