Tina,. my husband purchased a used truck aprrox. 2 mths also…

Customer Question
Hi tina, my name...

Hi tina, my name is ***** ***** husband purchased a used truck aprrox. 2 mths also from a man who lives in la junta. nothing was disclosed regarding any issues with the truck. two days ago, we had to take to a mechanic to find out the rear end needs replacing, approx cost 1100- 2000. now today we received a call from the mechanic, telling us the front end also need replacement. we do know the mechanic so it isnt a scam. i would like to call the gentlemen we purchased the vehicle from to ask him if he would pay 1/2 of this cost. we do not use the vehicle everyday because my husband has a work truck. since we had the vehicle, maybe 300 miles was put on it, which 140 miles was driving it from la junta, co to colorado springs, co. do you have any advise for us.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Colorado and a 2006 with 96,000 miles/ ave of 8000 mi/yr. as they stated that they did not drive it alot

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No im sure their isnt a warranty, it was purchased from an individual. actually a deputy sheriff and im hoping he will work with us on the cost which could be uip to 5000

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, im not a court person and i dont want it to go there but this had to be an existing problem that wasnt mentioned to us

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can write the seller here and seek a refund say half s you state.Used cars don't have any kind of warranty but you could argue they misrepresented the condition and frauded you. You can then sue them in small claims as a last resort.I would start with the letter and see if they will resolve it.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Forms..

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/Form

Small claims may be a remedy of last resort.