Am currently collecting SS benefits...can I also receive…

Customer Question
Am currently collecting SS...

Am currently collecting SS benefits...can I also receive spousal benefits

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Maine

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Such as ??

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 10 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. The answer to your question is yes. You can receive Social Security benefits and alimony at the same time. Keep in mind that Social Security will consider your alimony to be income and they may reduce your Social Security eligibility. However, if your alimony does not disqualify you on the basis of income, then you will still be able to receive both at the same time.

.Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Lawyer: monina-cssm,
 replied 10 months ago
monina-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/law/aov7z-currently-collecting-ss-benefits-can-receive.html).
Thank you, ***** Support Team.