Had a small package seized by USPS on suspicion of

Customer Question
Had a small package...

Had a small package seized by USPS on suspicion of controlled substances act what happens next

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did this occur?

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Waiting for her to call

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/20/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. The DEA has a suspicious orders task force that consists of DEA agents and reps from the pharma industry to determine whether what you have is a controlled substance and whether it was obtained legally. This may be a long process and they may end up trying to get in touch with the seller. Thus, I wouldn't hold your breath as far as when they get in touch with you. What happens next depends on whether what you ordered was legal or illegal. If it is illegal, they will have to turn it over to your attorney general's office or the local district attorney's office to see if there is prosecution. Depending on the severity of the alleged crime, they may or may not pursue it at all. However, at that point, you'll have the right to attorney if they do decide to bring charges to help fight whatever they are alleging you did.

Also, although I provided an initial answer, it’s important that you are 100% satisfied. If you feel I have done so, please rate me 5 stars and let me know if you have any follow up questions. As a side note, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer