I got a ticket for no insurance. I didnt know insurance

company cancelled my policy. So...
I got a ticket for no insurance. I didnt know insurance company cancelled my policy. So now im at court and prosecutor is saying they gon suspend my liscense. And its my first offense i also drive for uber thats how i make my money i immediately got insurance once i was aware. What should i do i dont have a nolo
9/20/2017
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Have counsel locally retained to speak to the prosecutor. Often such matters are dismissed especially where you secure insurance and at most obtain a probationary period. Martindale.com and findlaw.com are very good options. is that clear and acceptable?

No

what else did you want to know?

That doesnt help nor tell me what i should do
Who is counsel and whatbyou me reatain

1. retain counsel who appears in the court and knows the prosecutor.

2. the lawyer retained will negotiate to have ticket dismissed and insurance reinstated

3. at most you get a probation period

4. get insurance retroactive by speaking to your insurer.

counsel is a lawyer. retain means hire.

Too late for me get an attorney now

It's not too late. one can hire a lawyer at anytime, but you can also do all of the above without a lawyer directly negotiating!

if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
acceptable

Thanks!!

Good luck. Kindly rate me 5 stars.

INFOLAWYER, Attorney