We had a supplemental exam before and missed it so we had a…

Customer Question
We had a supplemental exam...
We had a supplemental exam before and missed it so we had a contempt of court hearing at the hearing we were ordered to pay 665 for legal costs and it is supppse to be paid by today. We do not have that type of funds what will happen if we do not have the money
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

The court may hold you in contempt here and order you jailed if you cannot pay here.You may want consider Chapter 7 as a long term remedy.You are likely able to discharge all judgments including the legal fees one.

You would want to file Chapter 7 asap here to avoid jail or other sanctions by the judge.

I appreciate the chance to help you again.Thanks.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

they will not let chapter 7 vacate the judgement. If I go to the supplemental hearing with the court commissioner without the attorney fees they could put me in jail and if i do not go they could put a warrant for contempt so either way I am screwed.

I would go to the hearing with court commissioner apologize see what you can work out with them.And I would still file Chapter 7 if you qualify you can get rid of the debts here.