What is the Iowa code on evespout run off to flood another…

Customer Question
What is the Iowa...

What is the Iowa code on evespout run off to flood another person's home

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Iowa

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

A city official told her she had to get an elbow on her evespout and an extension straight out to her sidewalk instead of pointing it to my fence.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/20/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 11 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.

There are several sources.

First is the Iowa Constitution.

Second is the Iowa Administrative Code.

Finally, there is Case Law on the subject in Iowa which also augments the statutory law.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

I absolutely will rate you. I hope to get the answer so I can proceed and have the Iowa Code to give to the city. I know one cannot delibertly )(sp) flood another property and this is what has happened over and over. I want the code to take to the city to help them get this handled. This person is in violation of so many things and it needs to be stopped. I need your help with the water runoff code on another person's property to proceed. I know from a farm situation several years ago where a farmer had his tile exiting right at the fence line so he would flood another person's property. This was illegal and was immediately handled. I need the code now to get this handled quickly before any more damage occurs.
I gave my credit card for $5.00 and assumed I would get an answer from that. If not, please do not run my credit card. I am disappointed.

Sure, I would be happy to clarify how the code/case law may apply. Please give me a second to type out my answer.

Oh, no. The $5.00 is the deposit. Not the cost. Which is clearly explained before one asks the question. You may go to www.justanswer.com/help to confirm this and also to cancel your question, then.

All the best!