I was served papers on september 19th for a september 5th…

Customer Question
I was served papers...

I was served papers on september 19th for a september 5th court date by fingerhut representatives, i am fully disabled on social security. What can i do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Missouri

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I was just served tonite for a september 5th court date

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/20/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I was served papers on september 19th for a september 5th court date

.

Are you saying you were served for a court date that has already passed?

.

Do you owe them money that you have defaulted on in paying?

.

.

thanks

to both questions

Ok, what do the papers say? Is it a summons to go to court or is it a notice that a judgment has already been entered against you?

.

Did you get notice previously that they were filing suit against you?

.

Do you have any assets.... equity in a home, non retirement savings, other real estate, etc.?