Why can't i sue the city of columbus ga, ga, yes i was

Customer Question
Why can't i sue...

Why can't i sue the city of columbus ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes i was working for muscogee county school i am a crossing guard for the school district i tripped on very bad black top and broke my hip i was told that the city has no liability the city attorney said i should watch wher i am walking

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 11 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you asking about how sovereign immunity works (the law that limits your ability to sue the state)?

no just the city

The city is the same as the state...

They are both political subdivisions.

So when you try to sue the city, it is EXACTLY the same as trying to sue the state.
Did you have a question regarding this?