I having problems getting my pension from Macys..they bought…

Customer Question
I having problems getting...

I having problems getting my pension from Macys..they bought out May corpartion..I waited the 90 days..didn't get it so I called They say will mail out the package that was 2 weeks

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet..because I don't know what to do..

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No Tina just this and thank you..want to know how to get started and poke the old bear just right

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Marsha411JD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Marsha411JD, Attorney

Thank you for the information and your question. If you believe that the Pension Plan is somehow intentionally delaying sending you pension benefits or paperwork and you have exhausted your remedies with the Plan administrator, then you can file a complaint with the Employee Benefits Security Administration (EBSA), which is the arm of the U.S. DOL which enforces ERISA, the law that regulates employer provided retirement benefits.

You can find out how to file your complaint by going to the following link: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ebsa

You could also, if you prefer, hire a local employment law attorney to contact the pension plan administrator and shake them up a little to see if they react any faster, however, that will cost you money that filing the complaint with EBSA won't.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the ratings box on this page for my efforts to provide you with the information you requested, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Thank you very much just want I need hugs and happiness

You're very welcome.

she did good give the lady 5 stars

Thank you.

Marsha411JD, Attorney