A woman I work with her mother passed away last October. The…

Customer Question
A woman I work...

A woman I work with her mother passed away last October. The woman I work with lived with her mother. Her brother is in charge of the estate. My friend claims her brother took money approx. 100,000.00 from the estate. I told her to get a lawyer. She is using the lawyer that is the lawyer from where we work. Things were moving slowly so I was talking to the lawyer and he said he needed some money to start court proceedings. I wanted to help so I told him let me know if you want me to loan the money...After a little while he said ok..I gave him 2.500.00 about 3 months ago. On talking to my friend she also gave him money and so far nothing is being done. My friend is pretty private and the lawyer only told me what anyone could find out...My friend does not know that I gave money to her lawyer...My friend has an anxious personality and its hard to totally understand her. She is still living in her mothers house. She is not sure what is happening.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

YouA woman I work with her mother passed away last October. The woman I work with lived with her mother. Her brother is in charge of the estate. My friend claims her brother took money approx. 100,000.00 from the estate. I told her to get a lawyer. She is using the lawyer that is the lawyer from where we work. Things were moving slowly so I was talking to the lawyer and he said he needed some money to start court proceedings. I wanted to help so I told him let me know if you want me to loan the money...After a little while he said ok..I gave him 2.500.00 about 3 months ago. On talking to my friend she also gave him money and so far nothing is being done. My friend is pretty private and the lawyer only told me what anyone could find out...My friend does not know that I gave money to her lawyer...My friend has an anxious personality and its hard to totally understand her. She is still living in her mothers house. She is not sure what is happening.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Good question, She tells me she has proof. I never saw anything. I guess I m trying to help her blindly.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My friend hasn't any money.thats why I helped.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

What would you like to know abut this situation?