Im trying to find out if Zara at fed-help.org is a legit…

Customer Question
Im trying to find...

Im trying to find out if Zara Cameron at fed-help.org is a legit service for fed loan student loan repaymentand forgiveness. I signed a document and payed the service. Now I have been told that they are not a reputable service.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Deleware

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I dont know how to find out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I signed a paper o line, and sent in the fee.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. How did you learn about this company? Did they make unsolicited contact with you? How did you send the money? Credit card? Check?

they were on the web site as a reputable company. .I paid with a debit card.
she said they were members of the St.Loan relief(AFSLRNSLFC)Cust service(###) ###-####- www.fed-help.org/student-loans.

There is a fedhelp.org, but this isn't it. This company is using a domain name similar name to another company and likely running a fraud.

First of all, when you go to their web address it takes you to another business: NSLFC. The website claims that NSLFC 's site was copyrighted in 2014. In fact, the business domain name is ***** ***** a year old and the site has yet to be crawled by Google. It's also set up to be around for a short period of time. These are signs of fraud.

Most important though is the fact that they wanted an up front fee to work for you. That's the biggest sign of a loan scam because they are illegal. Read this warning from the Federal Trade Commission.

As it turns out NSLFC is F rated by the Better Business Bureau for not responding to customer complaints. An F rating in and of itself is a reason not to do business with a company. You can see the review and read the complaint history here.

You can also see a review about them here which indicates that they are not safe to deal with and that all their claims of legitimacy, including where they are located, are false. There are other complaints as well.

If you paid with a debit card, you want to call your bank immediately and tell them that your card is compromised. Get a new card and use a different PIN number.

Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 10 months ago

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.