I have a civil restraining order against my neighbor yet she…

Customer Question
I have a civil...

I have a civil restraining order against my neighbor yet she continues to harass me by calling the police and lying, saying things like I'm walking in front of her house with a large metal stick. I have seen the Sheriff three times since the order was issued.... what can I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Los angeles, ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

? I dont think so

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
do the police come put when she calls? What does the order state?
the Sheriff does come but they don't take it seriously. The order states not to contact, annoy or harass me in any way

That would be frustrating to say the least;

so the police won't generally get involved unless they have proof of a violation-and if the party is alleging certain facts occured that justified calling the police, then the police can't arrest based on that because it could have a chilling effect on reporting issues to law enforcement (this is why malicious prosecution is so hard to win).

There is a remedy though-that would be to motion the judge, to bring a contempt citation for violation of the protective order. When a protective order is violated, it may be either criminal or civil (depending on the underlying order) and the court can hold a party in contempt. That can include daily fines for violations, the award of legal fees, even jail time if a party makes a knowing and willful violation of a court order.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer