I live in texas in a comlaw marriage. Now he is trying to…

Customer Question
I live in texas...

I live in texas in a comlaw marriage. Now he is trying to evict me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No he check posted a letter onvtge front door and trying to have me certified serve with the letter

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.
.
You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.
.

If you are common law married, then he can't legally evict you as you can't evict your spouse. It doesn't matter if he has you served with a notice or not, you can't evict your spouse without a court order in something like a legal separation or a divorce.

.

So if he wants to evict you, he will have to file for divorce and ask a judge to grant him sole possession of the marital home.

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Attorney