If you ad someone to your lease and they only live less than…

Customer Question
If you ad someone...

If you ad someone to your lease and they only live less than 2 months with you, never pay towards bills, began to mentally abuse you, and are abusing their children assualt you and you defend yourself calll the police on you and put the blame on

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

All on you and you wind up going to jail. turns around and gets a restraining order and a judge puts you out of a place where you have been living for a while but another company has taken over so im not in the exact same apartment becaulse they mpved me twice

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Moved me twice and the third time int the newley built plalces all on the same property...... i now have a two year restrainging order. filed for a reconsideration and still denied. have been on the streets since april 23, i am fifty years old, ihad someone stying with me for reasonable accomadation because of my panic attacks and ptsd (my theripist even sent a letterwith the time and dates i was at the office with her and the police were still being called to my house everyday saying that i was inside or around the house when i wasnt. a few monthe befor this my son assualted me and fractured my face and i had to have several stitches as a result i started seeing a theripist and the person i am speaking on is my only daughter. she is using her kids as a pond saying that they are terrified of me and thats a lie, also her whole case is based on a lie even on the initial restraining order she claimed the the apartment was hers when in actualality im the head of the houshold. my rental office is issueing me a eviction notice and i live in san francisco

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Victoms of violent crimes already are involved withe my first child assualting me and i was only tring to protect myself

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do with this situation is file in court to try to get the protective order vacated and removed. Until you do so, you will continue to have these same issues. If you are not using a local attorney to fight the restraining orders, then you must do so if you want to have even a chance of winning.

I say a chance of winning because many times the courts will err on the side of issuing the restraining order to protect both parties, not just the petitioner. Also, if you were arrested, you need to fight the criminal charges as well and get those dismissed if you have not done so already, since having the charges dismissed can aid you in arguing that the restraining order is also false and seek to get it removed.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.