I am in Alabama and the property i'm having a problem out of…

Customer Question
Good morning,I am in...

Good morning,I am in Alabama and the property i'm having a problem out of is in Baldwin county.My tenant is three months behind in rent ,we have given her the 7 day notice to quit 3 times and each time she has come up with some kind of money and we took it making notice void.she just had a baby in march and has a boyfriend that lives there that works whenever ,she just got her kids back from foster care so i've been trying to be empathetic to the fact he barely helps her and the kids.ther lease was up end of august .they were in an accident a couple of months ago and said there getting a settlement and they will completlt catch us us but now says she doesnt know when and she will pay us a little something and its our fault if she doesnt have a phone electric or anything for the kids and said we traumatized tthe kids cause we went there after not hearing from them gave her papers and asked what her plans were.i draw up a late payment agreement and told her i was know longer going to sit back and let this go oni told her this would hold off on evition if we get this plan in place. she said to meet her at work they said she called in went to the house noone was ther .I'm so sick of feeling guilty that their problems are my fault .i'm done with being a softy what should i do? Sincerely ***** ***** please help

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page. Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not with an attorney i just gave them notices

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No not at this time

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 11 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Based upon what you shared above, it appears she is giving you excuse after excuse, to prevent you from filing for eviction. At this point, you can make a demand to her, that she either signs and comes to an agreement about paying you the rent which is owed or you will proceed and file for eviction. If you continue to sit idle, she will still make excuses and if she is at risk of being evicted, she will come up with the money. If she does not, she will need to move and you can bring in another tenant, so the property is earning rental income. As you stated, you tried to be nice but she is taken advatnage, so if this can not be resolved by X date, you can proceed to the court house in the county where the rental property is located and start the process and file for eviction.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!