What is the domicile law in the state of Louisiana? How does…

Customer Question
What is the domicile...

What is the domicile law in the state of Louisiana? How long does a person has to live at an address before you become domicile?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, but in about an hour i will be filing a restraining order.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, the issue is that i am under a income based program under HUD and my ex-boyfriend says that he is domicile, he does not live there, he name does not appear on the lease however, the manager of the place where i stay told me that her supervisor advised her since she had given my ex a verbal agreement and he had the key to my place in his possession that he can live with me, i currently have a police report that he has physically assaulted me in the past i am terrified if this is true.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisiana

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 9 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank you for posting your legal question today. There are residence requirements for a limited number of types of actions but in case of a restraining order or protection order there will be no formal requirement for a minimum period of residency before the courts can assist you.

A verbal agreement isn't itself a court order so you will need to apply for a restraining order at your local court to give you the necessary protection to ensure your safety; it is possible to get a temporary emergency order pending a full hearing if there is an imminent danger to your safety.

We are here to help.

Please follow up with me.

In return remember to rate positively today.

You do this by rating 5***** ,4**** or better.

So i hope you rate FIVE STARS today before your exit.

As I'm not an employee of justanswer I rely on your positive feedback.

Thank You

Attorney Bill