I live in illinois and trying to apply for a drivers licence…

Hi i live in...

Hi i live in illinois and trying to apply for a drivers licence but apparently I have a cancellation in the state of georgia because of social security but since I don't have social i wanted to ask how to clear that cancellation in order to get divers licence here in illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Had a case in 2009 for forgery but I was cleared by the court received a letter where it states this didn't happened because no proof was ever found

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That should be all thanks

Had applied for licence in 2005 in georgia and received it but got cancelled in 2009 because I didn't have social
9/19/2017
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Do you have a SSN now?

No I don't

Thank you.

In order to get the suspension removed, you'll need to provide them with either a SSN or a letter from Social Security showing that you're ineligible.

Once you get that, you can mail it along with a letter explaining that you're requesting reinstatement, with the required fees. The address and a list of information that needs to be in the letter can be found here.

http://www.dmv.org/ga-georgia/suspended-license.php#Suspension-Hearings-and-Appeals

I'm afraid there isn't any other way to get the cancellation removed from your record, even if Illinois doesn't require you to have a SSN to drive. You have to comply with Georgia's requirements first, since you obtained a license there.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

i will need to speak with the social security administration first to receve this letter from them

That's right. Once you get the letter, you should be able to get reinstated.

Lucy, Esq., Attorney