How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 30383
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in illinois and trying to apply for a drivers licence

This answer was rated:

Hi i live in illinois and trying to apply for a drivers licence but apparently I have a cancellation in the state of georgia because of social security but since I don't have social i wanted to ask how to clear that cancellation in order to get divers licence here in illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Had a case in 2009 for forgery but I was cleared by the court received a letter where it states this didn't happened because no proof was ever found
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should be all thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Had applied for licence in 2005 in georgia and received it but got cancelled in 2009 because I didn't have social


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Do you have a SSN now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I don't

Thank you.

In order to get the suspension removed, you'll need to provide them with either a SSN or a letter from Social Security showing that you're ineligible.

Once you get that, you can mail it along with a letter explaining that you're requesting reinstatement, with the required fees. The address and a list of information that needs to be in the letter can be found here.

I'm afraid there isn't any other way to get the cancellation removed from your record, even if Illinois doesn't require you to have a SSN to drive. You have to comply with Georgia's requirements first, since you obtained a license there.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i will need to speak with the social security administration first to receve this letter from them

That's right. Once you get the letter, you should be able to get reinstated.

Lucy, Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you