Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I live in illinois and trying to apply for a drivers licence

Hi i live in illinois and trying to apply for a drivers licence but apparently I have a cancellation in the state of georgia because of social security but since I don't have social i wanted to ask how to clear that cancellation in order to get divers licence here in illinois
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Had a case in 2009 for forgery but I was cleared by the court received a letter where it states this didn't happened because no proof was ever found
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should be all thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Had applied for licence in 2005 in georgia and received it but got cancelled in 2009 because I didn't have social

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Do you have a SSN now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I don't

Thank you.

In order to get the suspension removed, you'll need to provide them with either a SSN or a letter from Social Security showing that you're ineligible.

Once you get that, you can mail it along with a letter explaining that you're requesting reinstatement, with the required fees. The address and a list of information that needs to be in the letter can be found here.

http://www.dmv.org/ga-georgia/suspended-license.php#Suspension-Hearings-and-Appeals

I'm afraid there isn't any other way to get the cancellation removed from your record, even if Illinois doesn't require you to have a SSN to drive. You have to comply with Georgia's requirements first, since you obtained a license there.

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i will need to speak with the social security administration first to receve this letter from them

That's right. Once you get the letter, you should be able to get reinstated.