I am contemplating a divorce after 48 years. Could you

Customer Question
I am contemplating a...

I am contemplating a divorce after 48 years. Could you please give me an idea of the cost?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia, Atlanta

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 9 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Good morning. The site does not provide legal representation. However, I am happy to answer any questions which you may have so please let me know if you would like to proceed.
The cost will depend on if your spouse is going to contest this. I say this because if it is uncontested and attorney could represent you and charge a flat fee. It could be around $2000-$3000 but prices do vary. Now, if this is contested , a lot of hours could be put in and the attorney is likely going to want a retainer plus charge you and hourly rate so depending on how much there is to fight over and issues to address and argue this could end up costing thousands of dollars

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!