How would I get an power attorney? My Dad is in the hospital…

Customer Question
How would I get...

How would I get an power attorney?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

My Dad is in the hospital in Charleston West Virginia and I live in Austin Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Im his only child, His name is ***** ***** my birth certificate I could take an DNA test

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Legal
9/19/2017
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 10 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Is your father legally competent and able to understand the nature of his actions? What is the reason that you're needing to get a power of attorney?

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?