Can attorneys client file to the court frap 28j, oral

Customer Question
Can attorneys client file...

Can attorneys client file to the court frap 28j, oral written argument. not having to file through the attorney? or attorney must file clients oral argument

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes client filed oral argument direct to the Appeal court, attorney did not want to file it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If client told paralegal to file deadline day, not to default, because attorney ignore his phone calls and e mail, is he violation Unauthorized practice of law?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/19/2017
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

If you have retained counsel the Court will normally not accept a filing directly from the client. However if you fire your attorney you have the right to represent yourself. At which point you may file pleadings on your own behalf as an individual. Please note that an unlicensed individual may not represent a corporate entity even if they are the sole owner.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Generally, the paralegal may not file documents at the direction of the client. The paralegal works for and assists the attorney and must follow the attorneys direction. In some instances California does allow for paralegals to assist persons in document preparation. Document preparation does NOT include filing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer