The doctor's office will not fill out the reason (diagnosis)

Customer Question
The doctor's office will...

The doctor's office will not fill out the reason (diagnosis) for a blood test. The insurance has called numerous times and the doctor's office does not return the calls.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

GA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Just the normal insurance papers. I have no idea who to file with or report to.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/19/2017
Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

If the doctor's office won't properly inform your insurer, so as to obtain benefits, then you have no obligation to pay the bill beyond that which your insurer would have paid. Tell the office, in writing that if the physician wants to get paid, he needs to fill out the claim -- otherwise, the doctor will receive no payment, because your financial responsibility begins only where the insurer's responsibility ends.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!