My landlord just threatened me about my parking next to the…

Customer Question
My landlord just threatened...

My landlord just threatened me about my parking next to the building I am disabled and he does not provide me with a parking spot she met some Isle out to a business during the day and he says I'm not allowed to park there at night either he used to let me park there at night but now he's saying I can't even pop there at night

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?

I have to park on the street I am handicapped and I have a handicap placard they want to replace my knee

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet I told him it made me very upset and that I was going to go speak to somebody he said fine but I had nothing can be done

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm afraid he's going to find some reason to evict me now

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/18/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 11 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

Can you tell me what state this is in?

.

Is the area actually marked by the city as a handicapped parking spot?

.

Does your lease specify that the landlord provides a specific parking place for you?

.

Did he give you any written notice that you can't park there any longer?

.

.

thanks

State nhNo this is his pk lot lease say we nead his apovelNo he said move

Ok, the problem here is that if your lease doesn't give you a specific parking spot, the he doesn't have to provide one to you, even if you have a disability.

.

However, if he has been letting you park in the spot previously, then that is an implied license to do so and he would have to give you written notice that he was revoking that license for you to park there before he could terminate your right to do so.

.

The problem with holding his feet to the fire about this and forcing him to give you written notice stating you can't use the spot is that you run the risk of irritating him and then having him terminate your tenancy if you are month to month..

.

So honestly, if you are month to month, this might not be a fight you want to pick with him...

.,

However, you could contact the city and see if they might be able to designate a parking spot nearby as a handicapped one so that you could park there exclusively.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much