In 1983 I was charged with a felony for Forgery 28-603 in…

Customer Question
In 1983 I was...

In 1983 I was charged with a felony for Forgery 28-603 in Nebraska. > $75 and <$300. Now it's a Class II Misdemeanor. Can I have that changed to the newer penality of a Misdemeanor?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?

The state is Nebraska

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

The plea was no contest and given two years probation and 60 days in DCDC. Upon completion of probation the charge was to be set aside and nullified as though a pardon had been issued. Sometime in 2009 the law was changed that Forgery 28-603 for < $500 was changed in a Class II Misdemeanor.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

In 1993 I was issued a Fire Arm Certificate, but when I applied for a new one in 2010 I was denied a Firearm Certificate and took the Douglas County Sheriff to court and the court upheld the decision to deny. My question is, can I have my charge brought down to a Class II Misdemeanor or do I have to go through the process of getting a pardon?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Legal
9/18/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 11 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Unfortunately case law has indicated criminal laws are not retroactive; please see:

State v. Hoon, 78 Neb. 618, 111 N.W. 462

Here is the application for a pardon:

http://www.pardons.nebraska.gov/content/new-application.pdf

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 10 months ago

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: