I have a doctor who is harassing me and lying multiple times…

Customer Question
I have a doctor...

I have a doctor who is harassing me and lying multiple times and ways. Ì have a broken neck M.S., fibro. Arthritis, several other medical issues. He is refusing to give me my records and to stop telling lies. One of many that I was intoxicated and every time he speaks of me his story changes. His own P.A. told me she had no idea what his problem was and she apologized multiple times for his behavior. Ì have several doctors who are willing to testify. He will not leave me alone and will not stop and it's caused incredible stress which makes a few of my medical issues worse from the stress he is still causing. Ì went in last week to sign a paper for him to give me my records and to stop him from speaking to other doctor's and making it even harder to get the care I desperately need. He called the evening after and told me that his staff was not trained enough to do such a task which is a basic task. Now he is saying I was intoxicated. Ì would due if I drank and I told him they could check my blood and even my hair. He sent me to what I was told a place to do so. We walked in and my husband was separated from me and I was taken in the back still crying and trying to figure out what happened only to find out he sent me to a mental institution!! I was in a crash and broke my neck and I can't get proper care. So time is very much an issue. NO I DO NOT DRINK EVER! I would happily allow testing at anytime!!! PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE HELP ME BEFORE I DIE! If I fall or my head gets jerked the wrong way the piece of my disc that was shattered is pushing into my spinal cord and any fast or movement of my head or body will finish pushing it into my cord and I'm dead! So please help me slay this bipolar crazy doctor from harnessing me and from causing me more issues. As well as defamation of character! I will happily go through any tests to prove I'm not what all he says.my number is *****************

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

My address is ******************************************** Tn. 37179. Ì have plenty of witnesses who will testify that I'm not a person who drinks or has since my 20's possibly my early 30's and even then I only drank 1 or 2. So that's a 30 yr. Span. Thank you and please help me asap! Thank you!

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, should I? Someone told me to file a police report.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was trying to make it as short as possible so yes.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
9/18/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 8 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I can assist?

If you receive an email regarding a phone call for an extra price that comes directly from the website and not from me and I have no control over the sending of the email. I don't take part in the telephone program and only work through this format and under your facts this format should be sufficient.

How can I stop this insane maniac?
Are you going to answer me?
Hello
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I am looking forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, your previous contributor had to leave.

Please understand we are working with multiple customers, all of whom deserve the same time and attention you deserve, so please be patient and we will reply to your inquiries, but it just may take a little time.

If your doctor is making false statements about you and is not turning over your records, which is required by law pursuant to HIPAA, then legally you have two options and you can follow both. First, you can file a complaint under HIPAA with the US Department of Health and Human Services, since they have sole enforcement authority under HIPAA and are the only ones who can take action under HIPAA as there is no private right to sue.

Second, you can sue the doctor for defamation for calling you intoxicated when they know you do not drink and for the emotional distress their known false statements have caused you to endure. You can seek money damages from him and also you can seek a court order of protection to force him to cease communication with you and also to prevent him from making further disparaging false statements to others about you.

You should consider pursuing both options and using an attorney to pursue the suit against him for the defamation and harassment causing you the emotional distress.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you. What atty will care for the case pro bono? I'm in Williamson county Tn.

Thank you for your reply.

You would need to get an attorney from one of the larger cities nearby, perhaps Nashville, and discuss the case with them and show them the evidence so they can make their decision about taking the case on a contingency basis. They do not take these cases "pro bono" but may take the case for 40% of what they win for you in a lawsuit, called contingency fee agreement.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney