My son purchased an automobile from buy here pay here and is…

Customer Question
My son purchased an...

My son purchased an automobile from buy here pay here and is now not running and we have paid $1700 in payments, 1200 down, $1300 in repairs and no we have an auto that won't run and he owes 59 more payments of $122 every two weeks at 27.9% interest. Now do we turn auto back in? Need to hire an atty to represent us and also give us guidance. Need consult.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Florida 2003 Nissan, oh yes my son has an IQ of 68 and is on Disability. Never has purchased anything before without my involvement, as I am his guardian, but he did this on his own. Has no concept of what 27% int.means.He is 27 and has been found not able to stand trial in the State of Florida in a Seminole County, FL case.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

No, car is way to old for that, I think.It has 170,000 miles.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just want to know how much for consult and/or to file a small claims case against the people that took advantage of this young man.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Legal
9/18/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by JustAnswer. If you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

Has son been declared legally incompetent by a judge and had you appointed as his legal guardian?

.

Was the vehicle sold with any type of written warranty?

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

Just checking in to see if you still needed help with your problem?